Grant Writer (Part-Time)
Retro Report, a nonprofit news organization that uses storytelling to illustrate the impact of the past on the present and combat the information crisis, seeks a talented Grant Writer to join its team.
Reporting to the Vice President of Development, the Grant Writer will play a critical role in fundraising by working to deepen relationships with current foundation funders and identify new prospects. The Grant Writer will be responsible for year-round management of Retro Report’s grant calendar and will write grant proposals and reports, produce responses to RFPs and research foundations and other potential funding opportunities. Working closely with program staff across the organization, the Grant Writer will play an essential role in Retro Report’s fundraising and program growth.
VP of Development
Serving as a key member of the Development team, the Grant Writer will provide support in all areas of institutional fundraising, including the following.
- Writing and Submission: Lead on writing for all grant proposals and reports in collaboration with program and campaign leads.
- Pipeline Development: Conduct prospect research to increase Retro Report’s pipeline. Research and collect trends in institutional giving relevant to Retro Report.
- Internal Capacity Building: Develop meeting and funder briefs. Identify systems improvements to aid institutional giving efforts.
- Storytelling and Narrative Building: Work with program staff to identify client and partner stories with an ethical storytelling lens for funding proposals and external communications.
- Manage a year-round grants calendar to ensure timely submission of all proposals, LOIs and reports.
- Maintain accurate and timely records on funders in the donor database and on Retro Report’s internal shared drive.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Organized self-starter, proactive team player, able to prioritize tasks and projects, work effectively and independently to meet deadlines.
- Ability to build relationships with and craft messages for diverse stakeholders.
- Strong technology skills, including using Microsoft Office products.
- Three to six years of fundraising and grant writing experience.
- Proficiency with CRM software.
- Familiarity with and understanding of accepted accounting principles and state fundraising regulations.
- Knowledge of the education nonprofit sector.
This is a part-time contract position paying a rate of $45 to $65 per hour with a minimum of 20 hours per week. Specific hours can be negotiated. Work can be done in person or remotely and is negotiable.
How to Apply
Please email your application to [email protected] with the subject line “Attention: Grant Writer.” Applications will be considered on a rolling basis, and must include:
- A detailed cover letter explaining your interest and experience, with a required answer to the following question: How has your background or experience, professional or otherwise, prepared you to contribute to Retro Report’s mission?
- Writing sample
Deadline to Apply
November 15, 2022
Retro Report is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to diversity and building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and ages.