Development Manager Description
The Development Manager will report to the VP of Development and play an essential role in the strategy and project management towards achieving Retro Report’s short and long term fundraising goals. The Development Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day management of Retro Report’s fundraising calendar, donor communications and tracking as well as producing cultivation events and ongoing prospect research. This position is based in New York City. Salary will range from $65,000 to $75,000 based on experience.
Day-to-day project management and communications
- Execute and report on an ongoing direct mail program and online giving strategy, including preparing mail and electronic communications, creating and tracking campaign performance, expenses and revenue goals
- Assist with the execution of engagement/cultivation events for individual prospects, including appropriate and consistent post-event follow up
- Monitor incoming donations and ensure proper stewardship of each gift, including timely receipt issuance and acknowledgement and communicate with donors as needed regarding donations
- Working closely with the engagement team to manage list segmentation for appeals and other communications
- Manage Retro Report’s CRM platform and ensure all donor data is accurate, up-to-date and organized
- Identify ways the organization can leverage the new CRM as a tool to maximize daily efficiency and to increase fundraising revenue
- Other duties as assigned
Research and reporting
- Produce department revenue and solicitation reports, providing detailed summary and analysis of monthly giving, and track progress vs. goals
- Conduct monthly analysis of donations to understand giving trends (renewals, retention, upgrades, downgrades, etc) and ways to improve performance
- Conduct research for executive team as needed from identifying prospects (individuals and foundations) to preparing for meetings, to keeping up-to-date on tactics to grow revenue from donors
- Liaise with the Finance Department to accurately reconcile gifts
- Three years of experience of increasing responsibility and demonstrated success working as part of a development office.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Excellent project management and organization skills - you have the ability to plan and implement projects on a pre-established timeline and deliver results
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision at times
- Demonstrated proficiency with email platforms (like Mailchimp) and an expertise with metrics and analytics.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Suite, including Microsoft Excel, and Google Suite
- Understanding of effective fundraising pipeline development
- Excellent communication skills - written, verbal, and interpersonal skills, and the ability to inspire the respect and confidence of stakeholders, prospects, and donors
- A proven track record of working well with others, adapting to others’ work styles, and professional interactions with co-workers and/or vendors.
- Ability to exercise judgment and discretion when handling sensitive and confidential information.
- Experience managing a CRM.
- Experience in creating and executing donor cultivation events of various types.
- Experience managing budgets.
- Experience with research tools and developing donor research profiles
How to Apply
This is a full-time position with benefits, including paid vacation days, medical and dental insurance, 401k contributions, and transit and dependent care flexible spending plans. Retro Report currently offers a hybrid office environment where employees are in person three times a week.
Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Attention: Development Manager.” Applications will be considered until February 21, and must include:
- A detailed cover letter explaining your interest and experience, with a required answer to the following question: How has your background or experience, professional or otherwise, prepared you to contribute to Retro Report’s mission?
Retro Report is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to diversity and building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and ages.