FACT CHECKING DIRECTOR
- Vetting scripts for factual accuracy, logical errors and omissions
- Reviewing archival footage for context and content
- Ensuring accurate editing
- Maintaining detailed records of sourcing and changes made to stories
- Working collaboratively with producers and editors to correct factual issues
- Copy-editing on-screen text and closed captions
- Conducting follow-up research to resolve outstanding questions
- A strong understanding of ethical reporting standards and practices
- An interest in a broad range of political, scientific, historical and cultural subjects
- Ability to work collaboratively with a range of people in complex situations
- Previous experience as fact checker for news organization.
Please contact Alex Mager at email@example.com to apply for the position.