Retro Report is a growing series of over 150 short documentaries that tell the history behind the news.
Context for this Week
Stories that shine a light on today’s news
Muhlaysia Booker, a transgender woman who was seen being attacked last month in a video that went viral, was shot and killed in Dallas over the weekend. Transgender women of color face a higher level of discrimination and crime, as we reported here. Click to watch.
The Alabama Senate has approved a bill that would effectively ban abortion in the state. There is an exception if the woman’s life is at risk, but the bill does not allow an abortion in cases of rape or incest. Last year we did a story on a group called Jane, who performed illegal abortions before Roe v. Wade.
Famed televangelist Pat Robertson has come out against the young Earth teaching, calling it “nonsense” and “embarrassing.” He believes Christians shouldn’t “limit” God to 6,000 years. Opponents have called on him to repent. We tackled the rise of teaching “Creationism” in, of all places, science classes throughout the U.S.
- Who killed the prime minister? The unsolved murder that still haunts Sweden, and more...
- Who Owns South Africa?, How Beef Has Changed America, etc
- 'Liz Was a Diehard Conservative,' and more
- Rupert Murdoch's Empire of Influence, and more
- Every report on past presidential scandal was a warning. Why didn’t we listen?