Retro Report is a growing series of over 175 short documentaries that tell the history behind the news.
Context for this Week
Stories that shine a light on today’s news
An accidental hyperlink caused Rudy Giuliani to tweet out the most widely ridiculed conspiracy theory of the year. Watch this story to see how this type of paranoia reached the political mainstream.
Donald Trump is being criticized for not saying the Apostles’ Creed, one of Christianity’s core prayers, during George H.W. Bush’s funeral. Here, we trace how evangelicals became a powerful political group, and ardent supporters of President Trump.
A federal court will soon rule on whether companies can use bankruptcy to avoid paying environmental liabilities – settling the debate over who is responsible for the cost of cleaning up damage caused by the making of Agent Orange in Newark. Watch our Agent Orange video for the backstory.
- Perversion of Justice, and more
- Palm Oil Was Supposed to Help Save the Planet. Instead It Unleashed a Catastrophe.... read this and more
- Meet the KGB Spies Who Invented Fake News, and more...
- Law Enforcement failed to see threat of white nationalism, the women who brought down Larry Nasser
- Guns in America, the legacy of Matthew Shepard, etc.