Retro Report is a growing series of over 175 short documentaries that tell the history behind the news.
Context for this Week
Stories that shine a light on today’s news
A US Treasury employee has been accused of leaking information about suspicious financial transactions related to Paul Manafort and Russians to the media. Trump gets a lot of attention for targeting leakers, but he’s just the latest president to do it. Watch How Toughness on Leaks and a Free Press Link Trump, Obama and Nixon.
Controversy surrounds plans by the U.S. Forest Service to round up 1,000 wild horses in an effort to prevent overpopulation. It’s a complex story that pits notions of freedom and the Wild West against today’s practicality. We tackled the story recently.
President Trump has resurfaced the conspiracy theory that George Soros is paying liberal protestors, tweeting that people confronting members of Congress in regards to Brett kavanaugh’s nomination are “paid for by Soros and others.” Watch this story which explores decades of conspiracy theories.
- How Sinclair is growing its conservative media empire, a Year of #MeToo, etc
- How Trump Really Got Rich explained, fifty years after the Mexico City protest
- Everything You Know About Obesity Is Wrong, A Survivor's Tale and more
- Going back to the Reagan-era war on drugs, a Russian spy story, etc
- The Resistance Inside the White House, How Fracking Took Over, etc